Probably the easiest strategy to disarm/conquer/disable/raid an ocean monument. In two minutes. Use this strategy, if you don't want to be challenged, need some quick extra sponges for cleaning your main guardian base, or simply stay out of trouble.
And une petite étude in video editing and animation.
And a nice piece of music to listen to.
Relatively early game strategy, except maybe from slime blocks, which can easily be replaced by any other block (just you must not make any mistakes while placing them.
- [1.9 DISCLAIMER] currently invisibility potions are not recognized by guardians, due to the (recurring) bug (re)introduced with the new feature where mob skulls worn by a player decrease mob detection range. I guess Mojang forgot to add back potion effects to certain mobs. I guess the method is the same in 1.9, but due to the bug, one just needs to tank it a bit (good armour, respiration, depth strider, etc... but that's not an early game strategy).
- Access to the wings done in a very specific place - this entrance is common for both types of wings, despite different overall wing structure.
- enclosing TNT block with other blocks creates an air pocket when the TNT is primed, allowing it to destroy blocks.
- Player that has a block in between him and a primedTNT while in water (the player) takes only half a hart of damage, regardless of the distance.
- Attacking first with a bow disables thorns effect, thus allowing subsequent melee attacks.
- water breathing potion not required, but advisable. Same with Night Vision.
Music: "Le Carnaval des Animaux", Camille Saint-Saens. Seattle Youth Symphony, Vilem Sokol. Piano: Neil and Nancy O'Doan.
"Heavy Sigh", Mike Koenig. http://soundbible.com/321-Heavy-Sigh.html
"Breathing", Mike Koenig. http://soundbible.com/777-Breathing.html
"Moaning Moan", Mike Koenig. http://soundbible.com/848-Moaning-Moan.html
Nathan Ryan: Conquering Ocean Monument. Early Game Strategy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6kUDLIKhGa_aECpQFD65emYYK9q2FcBa
Recorded with Minecraft 1.8.7 Optifine (Clear Water) and Replay Mod for 1.8
Minecraft IGN: gnembon
Find me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gnembon_mc
Resource Pack: Minecraft HD 64 http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/resource-packs/2209477